What is Discipline?
Christian life it self is a Discipline life.
Obedience brings Discipline in Life; a disciplined has no purpose in living. The more you Discipline your self the more you success. Actually discipline is an inner attitude.
We express our Love towards God by disciplining ourselves we get blessings from God.
When Abraham was called out of comfort zone with much obedience and in disciplined the obeys God. It was not easy for him to leave everything for God. It is not that easy to sacrifice his only son whom he loved so much. Yet Abraham could do it. It requires a total commitment and devotion that is the reason Abraham became the picture of God.
• Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are a young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. (1 Tim. 4:12)
• Discipline means God through his Word sows walking in the way or path which to us.
• King David says in his song “You rebuke and discipline men for their sin.” (Psalm 39:11).
• Blessed is the man you discipline, O Lord, the man you teach from your law. (Psalm 94:12)
• The fear of the Lord is the beginnings of knowledge but fool despise wisdom and discipline. (Pro.1:7)
• My sons do not despise the Lord’s discipline. (Pro. 3:11)
• For these commands are a lamp, this teaching is light and the corrections of discipline are the way to life. ( Pro. 6:23)
• He who heeds the discipline shows the way of life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray. (Pro. 10:17)
• Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge but he who hates correction is stupid. (Pro. 12:1)
• He who ignores the discipline comes to poverty and shame, but whoever heeds correction is honored. (Pro. 13:18)
• He who ignores discipline despises himself, but whoever heeds correction gains understanding. (Pro. 15:32)
• Discipline you son, and he will give you peace; he will bring delight to your soul. (Pro. 29:17)
• We have to discipline ourselves in time, cloth, food, behavior, appearance, relationship, life style etc;
My son, does not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you. Because the Lord discipline those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son. Endure hard ship as discipline by Father? If you are not disciplined (and everyone under goes discipline) then you are illegitimate children’s and not true son. More ever we, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and respected them, for it, how much more should we submit to the father of our spirit and live! Our father disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God discipline us for our good, which we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
• Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. (Rev. 3:19)
• The Lord Discipline those he loves. (Pro. 3:12)
• But God Discipline us for our good. (Heb. 12:10)
• The Obedience brings discipline in our life.
• What you mean by obedience?
• Obedience is the submission of one’s will to the will of another.
• Why should we obey God?
1. God Expects obedience.
2. Obedience is an expression of our Love for God. (2 John 6)
3. Obedience is only purposeful option for life. (Eph. 2:10)
4. God’s blessings rest on obedience. (Jre. 7:23, John 14:21,23)
• Our obedience to other people.
- Parents: (Eph. 6:1-3) Children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your father and mother, which is the first commandment with a promise that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life.
- Employer: (Eph. 6:5-8) Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerely of heart, just as you would obey Christ…..
- Government: (Rom. 13:1-7) everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established b God…..
- The Leader: (Heb. 13:17) obey your leader and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you, as men must give account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you.
- Unconditional Obedience? (Acts 5:29) Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than Men.”