About The Methodist mission hospital, nadiad
(Gujarat) INDIA Can anybody say why it is going to be closed? If it is
considered to be a social problem What we can do to restart with a great
1) The purchase procedure for medicines and
equipments shouldbesreamlined and made transperant to the Church members.
2) Further recruitment should be stopped, unless
absoutely necessary and one that is paying.
3) Treatment given to the Pastors and their
dependent family members should be reimbursed to the hospital by the concerned
district or by the local church or by the Conference.
4) Appeal for donations should be made by the
conferenece and not by the hospital staff.
5) For poor christian families or widows etc may
be supported by the local Churches. They will directly pay to the hospital.
6) The rates of treatment should be rationalised
taking into consideration the corresponding prevailing rates in government and
7) The conference can consider setting up
medicalcollege, physiotherapy schools with higher tution fees
8) special endowment funds can be establish with
the contribution from the local Churches.
Answered by: Jayant Christian, (Tarananad) -
Sydney, Australia - Former Secretary, Health Dept., Govt. of Gujarat.